Friday, November 2, 2007

Training with Omnipod's CDE

Omnipod's CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator) came this morning to train me on using the Omnipod.  We spent just over an hour ensuring the PDM was setup correctly, teaching me about how/why each setting is used, and operating the PDM and pods.  Together we filled a pod with insulin, primed the pod, prepared the site on my stomach, applied the pod to the site, and then activated the pod.  A few seconds later, I heard a click and felt the needle place the soft cannula (tube) into my skin.  The experience felt the same as lancing my finger tip for blood sugar testing or like most of the insulin injections I give myself.  I say most because sometimes my insulin injections really sting!  Woohoo!!  No more shots 4+ times each day!!  Life is good.

Youtube user cyclicpitcher has more courage than I do showing how the Omnipod is installed on his stomach. I will let him show you how to setup and install a pod.

No comments: